How do you pursue a Career in Intensivist?
How do you pursue a Career in Intensivist?
There are many nuances of a Career in Intensivist. I want to first understand What a Career in Intensivist entails before I invest time and effort to figure out How to start a Career in Intensivist. In my quest to learn more about a Career in Intensivist, I found this amazing page: https://www.lifepage.in/career/20161129-0001/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-Intensivist/english
Dr Avantika Singh's outlook!
Dr Avantika Singh has worked in Intensivist for 3 years & 8 months. Dr Avantika Singh has worked in Intensivist as Intensivist in Max Hospital, Saket. In Dr Avantika Singh's own words, this is how Dr Avantika Singh got into Intensivist: "I did MBBS and PG in Anaesthesiology from Era Lucknow Medical College. Currently, I am working with Max Hospital, Saket and doing fellowship in intensive care medicine." This link showed on the first page of search results for Dr Avantika Singh: https://www.lifepage.in/page/avantikasingh
Career Video on Intensivist
In a video, Dr Avantika Singh has talked about various aspects of a Career in Intensivist. Dr Avantika Singh started by explaining Intensivist as: "An intensivist, also known as a critical care physician, is a medical doctor with special training and experience in treating critically ill patients." It was an amazing video with great information.
We all know that only 10% of what is taught in Intensivist is actually used in real life. The education section of the video clearly explained what is the 10% needed in Intensivist. Dr Avantika Singh touches upon these in the Education section of the Video:
- Physiology & Pathophysiology
- Pharmacology & other Treatment Modalities
- Recent Advances
Sills and success goes hand in hand. One needs to get a hold of essential skills.
Dr Avantika Singh then explains why these Skills are essential for a Career in Intensivist:
- Physical & Mental Agility
- Behaviour & Communication Skills
- Clinical Procedure Skills
- Decision Making
Positives of this Career are quite interesting.
Dr Avantika Singh believes that the following are some of the Positives of a Career in Intensivist:
After a discussion on Positives, Challenges complete the caricature of a Career.
And, Dr Avantika Singh believes that one needs to prepare for following Challenges of a Career in Intensivist:
- Work Life Balance
- Constrained Career Progression
- Wounded Healers
In the final section of the video Dr Avantika Singh talks about How a day goes in a Career in Intensivist. This video is by far the best video on a Career in Intensivist, that I have ever come across. To see the full Talk, one needs to install the LifePage Career Talks App. Here is a direct deep link of the Video: https://lifepage.app.link/20161129-0001
Similar Career Talks on LifePage
I continued with my research on LifePage and thoroughly studied these links to gain more perspective:
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170523-0001/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Medicine/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170526-0001/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-Medical-Counselling/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170919-0004/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Medicine/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170918-0001/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Medicine/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180104-0002/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Surgery/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20171114-0002/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-Medical-Counselling/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180107-0004/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Medicine/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180320-0001/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Medicine/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180328-0002/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Surgery/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20181129-0001/Science/Medicine - Generalist/Career-in-General-Medicine/english
Career Counseling 2.0
After having learnt about a Career in Intensivist I was curious about LifePage. LifePage is Career Counseling 2.0 - while most platforms continue to use age old psychometric tests to identify hidden skills and interests of individuals. LifePage has turned the tables completely with an Awareness based approach. Read about them on: https://www.lifepage.in