Can You Name These Pieces Of Armour?

Do you know your Vambrace from your Pauldron? Find out how much of an armour expert you are and tell us the name of each of these pieces of armour, which are handmade in the Royal Shakespeare Company armoury.

These items are used in the forthcoming productions of Richard II and Henry IV Parts I & II which will join Henry V at the Barbican in London to form King and Country: Shakespeare's Great Cycle of Kings - a complete cycle of all four plays in repertoire from 7 November 2015 - 24 January 2016.

Royal Shakespeare Company
Created by Royal Shakespeare Company (User Generated Content*)User Generated Content is not posted by anyone affiliated with, or on behalf of,
On Oct 22, 2015
1 / 6

Take a look at this regal piece of headgear. What is the technical term for this?

2 / 6

This piece of armour sits at the top of the arm. Can you tell us what it’s called?

3 / 6

This item protects your neck area during battle. But can you tell us its name?

4 / 6

This particular item is useful if you don’t want any arrows in your stomach… What is it called?

5 / 6

What’s the name of this piece of armour that protects the hand? You might ‘Throw it down’…

6 / 6

This belongs to Prince Hal in Henry IV Part II. Can you tell us its name?

Questions left
These are 10 of the World CRAZIEST Ice Cream Flavors
Created by Tal Garner
On Nov 18, 2021