How do you pursue a Career in Dentistry?
How do you pursue a Career in Dentistry?
I find a Career in Dentistry very interesting. I want to first understand What a Career in Dentistry entails before I invest time and effort to figure out How to start a Career in Dentistry. While I was searching for reliable information about a Career in Dentistry, I came across this amazing page: https://www.lifepage.in/career/20190110-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
Dr Neha Joshi Raina's take!
Dr Neha Joshi Raina has 10 years & 2 months of professional experience in Dentistry. Dr Neha Joshi Raina has worked in Dentistry as Aesthetic Dentist in Aesthetika Premium Dental Care. In Dr Neha Joshi Raina's own words, this is how Dr Neha Joshi Raina got into Dentistry: "After completing Bachelors in Dental Sciences, I went on to do PG Diploma in Clinical Research & Data Management. I also hold a Diploma in Dental Implantology and a Diploma in Aesthetic Dentistry. I have also done a Masters in English Literature. I worked as Senior Consultant at Max Super Speciality Hospital. After working as dentist for various firms, I started my own clinic by the name Aesthetika Premium Dental Care where I am an Aesthetic Dentist." I searched Dr Neha Joshi Raina on Google and found this profile: https://www.lifepage.in/page/nehajoshiraina
Career Video on Dentistry
In a video, Dr Neha Joshi Raina has talked about various aspects of a Career in Dentistry. Dr Neha Joshi Raina started by explaining Dentistry as: "Dentistry is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity, commonly in the dentition but also the oral mucosa, and of adjacent and related structures and tissues, particularly in the maxillofacial (jaw and facial) area." The video was an engaging disposition.
In this video Education was discussed as theoretical topics needed to excel at Dentistry, and not as Qualifications needed to enter Dentistry. Dr Neha Joshi Raina touches upon these in the Education section of the Video:
- Crowns, Bridges & Dentures
- Smile Designing & Veneers
- Root Canal
- Impression Techniques & Rehabilitations
- Dental Materials & Restorations
- Implantology & Surgical Procedures
- Tooth Anatomy & Periodontium
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
Anyone aspiring for this Career needs to understand that Skill development is crucial for success.
Dr Neha Joshi Raina then explains why these Skills are essential for a Career in Dentistry:
- Time Management
- Accurate Diagnosis & Treatment
- Pain-free Procedures
- Trust Building
This Career has an interesting list of Positives.
Dr Neha Joshi Raina believes that the following are some of the Positives of a Career in Dentistry:
- Smiling Faces
- Noble Profession
- Continuous Learning
- Sense of Satisfaction
After a discussion on Positives, Challenges complete the caricature of a Career.
And, Dr Neha Joshi Raina believes that one needs to prepare for following Challenges of a Career in Dentistry:
- Difficult Clients
- Expensive Setup
- Constant Up-gradation
In the final section of the video Dr Neha Joshi Raina talks about How a day goes in a Career in Dentistry. This video is by far the best video on a Career in Dentistry, that I have ever come across. To see the full Talk, one needs to install the LifePage Career Talks App. Here is a direct deep link of the Video: https://lifepage.app.link/20190110-0001
Similar Career Talks on LifePage
I continued with my research on LifePage and thoroughly studied these links to gain more perspective:
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170613-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/spanish
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20161121-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Pediatric-Dentistry/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170613-0004/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170219-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170202-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180122-0004/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170928-0008/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180108-0006/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180315-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20171218-0008/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180930-0001/Science/Medicine - Dentistry/Career-in-Dentistry/english
Career Counseling 2.0
After having learnt about a Career in Dentistry I was curious about LifePage. LifePage has created the largest knowledge repository of Careers in the whole world. I salute the efforts of Team LifePage. I also encourage you to learn more about LifePage on: https://www.lifepage.in