What is a Career in School Administration?
What is a Career in School Administration?
A Career in School Administration has always intrigued me. I want to first understand What a Career in School Administration entails before I invest time and effort to figure out How to start a Career in School Administration. While I was searching for reliable information about a Career in School Administration, I came across this amazing page: https://www.lifepage.in/career/20171120-0007/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-School-Administration/english
Pam Madan's overview!
Pam Madan invested 25 years in School Administration. Pam Madan has worked in School Administration as Principal in Air Force Gyan Jyoti School, Palam. In Pam Madan's own words, this is how Pam Madan got into School Administration: "After doing my BA and MA in Political Science, I did B Ed and M Ed and post that I joined Bharat Steel Tubes School as Primary Teacher. I joined Air Force School, Palam in 1984 as Primary Teacher and became the Principal in 1986. I served for 25 years before retiring in 2011."
Career Video on School Administration
In a video, Pam Madan has talked about various aspects of a Career in School Administration. Pam Madan started by explaining School Administration as: "School administration involves overseeing the daily operations of schools, colleges, universities, day care centers and preschools. A school administrator's specific responsibilities differ between organizations, but often these administrators are an important link between students and local communities." I watched the full video and I absolutely loved it.
It was a welcome change to see the video touch upon Education as theoretical knowledge needed to excel at School Administration, and not merely as Qualifications needed to enter School Administration. Pam Madan touches upon these in the Education section of the Video:
- School Curriculum
- Administrative Management
- Child Psychology
- Planning & Strategy
- General Awareness
90% success in real life depends on Skills. It is crucial to understand these.
Pam Madan then explains why these Skills are essential for a Career in School Administration:
- Interaction with Students
Positives of any Career motivate one to work hard for the same.
Pam Madan believes that the following are some of the Positives of a Career in School Administration:
After a discussion on Positives, Challenges complete the caricature of a Career.
And, Pam Madan believes that one needs to prepare for following Challenges of a Career in School Administration:
- School Inspection
- Continuous Upgradation
- Parents Expectations
In the final section of the video Pam Madan talks about How a day goes in a Career in School Administration. This video is by far the best video on a Career in School Administration, that I have ever come across. To see the full Talk, one needs to install the LifePage Career Talks App. Here is a direct deep link of the Video: https://lifepage.app.link/20171120-0007
Similar Career Talks on LifePage
I continued with my research on LifePage and thoroughly studied these links to gain more perspective:
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170418-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-School-Administration/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170617-0008/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-Educational-Consultancy/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170224-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-School-Management/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180808-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-Vocational-Education/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180619-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-College-Administration/hindi
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170628-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-School-Headship/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20180704-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-Education-Consultancy/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20171026-0002/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-School-Administration/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20190308-0001/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-School-Headship/english
- https://www.lifepage.in/career/20170705-0002/Arts/Education Management/Career-in-Principalship/english
Career Counseling 2.0
Having gained so much from a professional perspective on a Career in School Administration, I wanted to learn about other Careers on LifePage. LifePage is Career Counseling 2.0 - while most platforms continue to use age old psychometric tests to identify hidden skills and interests of individuals. LifePage has turned the tables completely with an Awareness based approach. Read about them on: https://www.lifepage.in