This Sleeping guide will change your Life

The Art of Healthy Sleep

Did you sleep well? - This is often the first question that you get asked in the morning by your loved ones. Sleep is very important for our overall well-being. It influences our logical thinking, our memory and our health. We spend about a third of our lives in this very special state and we usually do not think much about it.

Sleep is extremely important for our energy balance. When we sleep, our body switches to standby mode: our muscles are relaxed, breathing and heart rate are calm and regular, our blood pressure is low. At least that is the case during Non-Rapid Eye Movement (NREM) sleep, which accounts for approximately 80% of our total sleep. The remaining 20% are known as rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, in which irregular breathing and heart rate, as well as involuntary muscle contractions can occur. This is the phase in which we dream.

Just as sleep relaxes and vitalizes our body, dreams relax and activate our mind. After C.G. Young we communicate in our dreams with our subconscious. These dreams accompany us when we are awake and often provide a solution to a particular life situation.

How much we sleep varies according to age and condition. A small baby sleeps up to 16 hours a day, his grandmother maybe only 5 or 6. In general, you should sleep about 8 hours a night to work optimally.

Good sleep is a very fragile construct made up of many small pieces that need to be joined together to provide the exhausted body and mind with much needed rest. If this construct is shaky or if a substantial portion is missing, at worst, sleep will not come at all, much too late, or we wake up in the middle of the night and are victims of our thoughts and bodily functions.

Psychologist and sleep researcher Rubin R. Naiman says that sleep deprivation is a lifestyle issue that has a direct impact on our physical, mental and emotional health. Studies show that there is a direct link between sleep deprivation and overweight. When we sleep too little, our insulin levels increase, which can cause diabetes.

There are several strategies for a good night's sleep. Often we are so turned on by stress, caffeine and emails that we do not appreciate the value of a restful night. Or even worse: we do not even know how to turn off our minds.

Meditation is a good way to calm our brains and thoughts. In the long term, this strategy will also help you control various forms of anxiety that may hinder your sleep. Many people can also turn off their minds better if they have physically tired through physical activity. Restricting caffeine and alcohol are also time-tested but often forgotten remedies. Heavy eating in the evening only adds unnecessary digestive work to the body at a time when body functions should actually be kept to a minimum.

Develop an evening routine before going to bed. Important: take your time! Whether a cup of herbal tea, reading in bed or a hot bath - everyone has their own strategy to tell the body that it is time to sleep.

"Natural sleep requires a willingness to spend a few moments alone with yourself Spend dark. "- Dr. Rubin Naiman

Dr. Rubin R Naiman coined the term Deep Green SleepTM, where "deep" refers to the process of falling asleep and "green" refers to the optimal sleep environment. Reduce the so-called sleep smog in your room with a good mattress and a "green" bedding with materials such as organic cotton, wool and natural latex. Decisive and very easy: let it fly through! In addition to artificial air filters also houseplants can take over as this function (Arekapalme, bamboo and rubber tree are very efficient).