Can You Get An A+ In Elementary English
How well do you remember basic English?
Did Liz went to London on the train yesterday?
She leaves for London today, she just boarded her flight.
1) What did Leela mean to say?
Hey Day, are you hungry?
No, but Stew is. Shoot he a text.
Alright, will do. Thanks, Day.
2) Which word is incorrect in Day's text?
babe is there any milk in the fridge?
No, could you pick some up? <3
3) Is there anything wrong with Stew's text?
Hey girly, I've been meaning to call you back, but I haven't had the
time. I'm swamped with work, sorry.
It's alright, I understand. Just give me a call when you have some time. :)
4) What's word could replace "the" in Day's response?
Can I just live in London's smallest library? I may never come back, I love it here lol.
If you plan on staying, make room for two.
Lizzie, how much pictures of phone booths are you gonna send us? xD
buy me a book!
5) What's wrong with Leela's text?
Has you're flight arrived yet?
Thanks for checking on me, Victor. Not yet, I have 20 minutes left!
6) What's wrong with Victor's text?
When she lands you should sweep her up and kiss her.
Okay, maybe don't do that lol. Vic, you can't pine over, Liz forever.
Ugh, your right. Day said the same thing to.
7) Is there anything wrong in this exchange?
Going to pick up Liz! Do you want to come with me to the airport?
Lol I see what you're doing, Victor! I'm gonna stay back and help Leela with the welcome back party.
Fine, you caught me! I'll suck it up and talk to her on the drive home. See you than.
8) Who made an error?
Stewie, dont forget to grab a extra bag chips.
Oh and more napkins, please.
9) How many errors are in Day's texts?
Were exit the plane now. Are you here, Vic?
Yep! I'm outside your terminal in a sedan.
10) How many mistakes did you find in this exchange?
As an adult, can you easily get an A+ in elementary English?
- Did Liz go...
- He - should be "him".
- Yes - the b in "babe" should be capitalized.
- "how much" - should be "how many".
- You're - it should be "your".
- YES, how could I miss it. - There's a random comma in Stew's text: "you can't pine over, Liz forever". In Victor's texts: "your" should be "you're" and "to" should be "too".
- Victor - "See you than" should be "See you then".
- 4 - "Dont", "a", "they're", and a word is missing between.
- 3 - "were", "exit", and "its' ".
How did you do? Leave comment letting us know what's your grammar pet peeve via text. :)